Sunday, 3 February 2013

diet update addendum

oh! Forgot to mention that I saw a dietician. must say, it was bit disappointing. There were a lot of "I don't know"s and "I'm not very good at math", or "I can't remember at the top of my head right now" tied with " I don't have internet access right now" types of responses from the dietician.

Some things I took away:
- she feels that the people who have successfully decreased acne are the ones that COMPLETELY cut out gluten. none of this limiting-my-gluten. It has to be all the way.
- need to watch my fibre
- She hadn't heard of a low glycemic diet to treat acne,  but she said that it is best to keep sugar/insulin levels stable, and prevent spikes, thus not eating a whole shitload of high glycemic foods at once. Fibre helps to level insulin levels. She had never heard of "low glycemic load", only "low glycemic index".
- I am possibly overloading on some vitamins or minerals by taking multi vitamins on top of eating loads of fruits.
- She thinks I should eat more carbs
- She thinks I might be lacking protein (not so sure about these last two)



No comments:

Post a Comment