I had my follow up appointment with the naturopath on March 28. it was quite interested.
I got the results of my IgG antibody test. not sure if it's bogus considering one drop of blood yielded two pages of results indicating the amount of antibodies present in my body as a result of a list of about 80 foods..
Anyway, if it's accurate, then I'm "allergic" to, or have inflammation as a result of many foods that I have already been trying to cut out - mostly dairy and gluten products.
What was interesting, however, as that i have a high level of antibodies as a response to foods that i thought were go-to, or safe foods, including foods i was eating every single day. Namely egg (egg white yields a higher inflammatory/antibody response than egg yolk), bananas, peanuts, and kidney beans. So yet more items to add to the do-not-eat list.
i also started my detox cleanse diet which consists of 3 weeks of strictly staying away from certain foods, and drinking protein shake smoothies throughout the day. I am on day 6. By day 8, I am to have 3 protein shakes per day, which means i'm getting my daily protein in shakes alone. Gross.
the shakes are disgusting.
on the bright side, i am learning the joy of fruit smoothies, and trying different types of milk replacements.
the results? skin is still getting worse day by day as it always has since 8 months ago or so.
part of it, i sometimes think, may be due to the amount of carbs i consume. i'm sticking to the diet pretty strictly (and it's not easy. it includes cutting out tofu, soy, and corn.... what?!). with such a restricted diet, i justify to myself htat it's ok to eat a gigantic bag of potato chips or veggie chips per day. so i need to learn to cut that out and see if my skin might get better...
quite discouraging indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment