Hello webworld.
I hate to start on a negative note but I've decided to start a blog about my battle with adult acne unfortunately because I feel that my condition is worsening by the day and I would love to be able to connect with others who might be in similar positions, sharing the same frustrations. My hope is that someone out there is listening, and possibly even realise that they are not alone!
Here's a bit about me:
I am 28 years old and started to develop acne around age 13. It was quite bad in my teen years, and improved a bit by the time I was entering my 20s. By my early 20s I started birth control which cleared my face significantly, almost perfectly, especially relative to now.
June 2012 I stopped taking the pill because of fears around potential associated health risks. Gradually my acne returned, first in the form of many clear little bumps on my forehead, then by around September, inflamed pimples invading my whole face. By then I started wearing make up every single day (prior, I had worn makeup only about once every 1-2 months for special occasions). Now, January 2013, my acne is worse than I ever remember in life, and seemingly worsening day by day.
With built up frustration, in the past month there have been times where I broke down crying. ... then followed quickly by thoughts about how ridiculous it is that I'm crying about my appearance when I am so fortunate in so many other areas in my life.
Anywho, the battle continues. I will post pictures soon and talk about some of the things I've tried or plan on trying.
Pls let me know if anyone's out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment